Help for your tax return

in Germany

Englisch | Help for your tax return in Germany - Advice in English | Steuererklärung in Deutschland

We prepare your tax return* and advise you in English and other languages!

As an employee or pensioner, you can become a member and pay nothing more than an annual membership fee of between €52 and €375 for personal and individual advice.

It’s just that simple:

  • Find an advice center

  • Make an appointment
    Personal advice or online

  • Become a member & submit your documents

*Our consultants prepare your income tax return as part of your membership in accordance with Section 4(11) of the German Tax Consultancy Act (StBerG), which limits our advice to non-self-employed income only. This means that we may give you advice as an employee or pensioner who receives a salary or pension.

Find an advice center


Advice in your language

deutsch   German

Lohnsteuerhilfe | Beratung in Englisch   English

Lohnsteuerhilfe | Beratung in Französisch   French

Lohnsteuerhilfe | Beratung in Polnisch   Polish

Lohnsteuerhilfe | Beratung in Türkisch   Turkish

Our services

We offer our services and advice in English and many other languages.
Just select your preferred language in the search, so you can easily find an advice center with your native language.

Preparation of your income tax return

Preliminary calculation of your expected tax liability

Check of your tax assessment

Filing of objections

Year-round tax advice

Advice on your choice of tax class

Low & fair costs

Assessment basis in €Membership fee in € incl. VAT
up to 10,00052
10,001 - 15,00074
15,001 - 20,00091
20,001 - 25,000101
25,001 - 30,000115
30,001 - 35,000131
35,001 - 40,000139
40,001 - 45,000149
45,001 - 50,000159
50,001 - 55,000177
55,001 - 60,000195
60,001 - 70,000229
70,001 - 80,000252
80,001 - 100,000289
100,001 - 120,000319
120,001 - 150,000349
from 150,001375

As a member of our income tax assistance association, you pay nothing more than a membership fee between €52 and €375 per year according to your financial position. So those who earn less also pay less.

Here you can download our schedule as a PDF for an overview of membership fees.


Important questions about our service

We are an association with advice centers in almost every German city. Our consultants help the members of the association with all their questions regarding tax returns in Germany, giving them advice and preparing their tax returns.

Any employee, pensioner or student with exclusively non-self-employed income can become a member. This means that we are able to advise you if you receive a salary or a pension and have any other income from rent or capital gains. The other income may not exceed the threshold of €18,000 for a single person and €36,000 for married couples.

Become a member and we can prepare your tax return and advise you on the following questions:

  • Do I have to file an income tax return?
  • Which tax class applies to me?
  • Do I have to/should I file a joint tax return with my spouse?
  • How are children taken into account on the tax return?

You pay an annual fee for your membership which is between €52 and €375. The amount of the fee depends on your income. So if your income is low, you pay a lower membership fee.

Download the schedule of fees for more information.

The tax return is a declaration in paper or electronic form with which, for example, employees in Germany present their data and the actual figures of their income and costs to the tax office. Based on the submitted tax return, the tax office can then determine the taxpayer’s actual tax liability and check whether a refund of income tax is due or whether an additional payment is due.

In order for us to prepare your tax return and advise you, you must become a member of our income tax assistance association. At the first appointment in your chosen advice center, you will sign our membership declaration and thereby join Altbayerischer Lohnsteuerhilfeverein. This makes you a member.

Important note: If you no longer need advice and wish to terminate membership, you must cancel your membership/contract. Cancellation of your membership is described below.

Yes, you can cancel your membership/contract.

If you no longer need advice and wish to terminate your membership, you must cancel your membership/contract. To do so, send a written notice of termination by September 30 of the year of termination to the head office of Altbayerischer Lohnsteuerhilfeverein (address: Altbayerischer Lohnsteuerhilfeverein e.V., Fischbräustr. 6, 84323 Massing, Germany).

1063 Average tax refund in €*

*For all taxpayers with exclusively non-self-employed income who have received a rebate (source: Federal Statistical Office VZ 2020, as of 06/2024).

Tax return checklist

With our helpful checklist, you will quickly identify the documents and information that are important for your tax return. Ideally, you should take the documents with you to your appointment at the advice center. If you are unsure about any of the documents, your consultant will be happy to help you.

You can download the checklist here as a free PDF.

Any other questions?

Then just contact one of our advice centers!
Our consultants will be happy to help you.

Picture © vladimirfloyd – fotolia.com
Picture © Ing. Jaroslav Moravcik, Pro-Mo – fotolia.com